Health Update
I could have been upset when I finally broke the 130 mark on the scale, because it got stuck at 129.6. I mean stuck for two weeks at that mark.
With January, my program added the gym piece. I had an overview from the wellness doctor as my trial run.
I have been really trying to do exactly what he said for two reasons: the health piece and I vainly would like to jiggle less and be a little more toned. I meet with a real trainer in February, so I didn't think it would be a good idea to meet that person for the first time in my out of shape condition.
I meet with Dr. Paleaz next week, so I will get a few answers to the scale thingie, but I think it is true about the workout adding muscle. I have dropped a ton on the clothing sizes despite the weight remaining current.
I am now wearing a 10 Petite albeit baggy, I am not quite an 8. I do NOT like tight clothing. A little baggy is always my goal.
I am down two sizes and down almost 21 pounds.
I weighed in at 129.4 this morning. YES, I count ounces.
THE MOST AMAZING THING is....
I have had only 2 days with minor pain from my RA.
I am so beyond grateful for any day like that. I know that it is a yucky disease and can cause great problems. I am still taking my Xeljanz. I decided to just take the poison and hope that modern medicine and wellness medicine could find a way to make me healthy.
![]() |
| Maybe I will look like this by summer. One can wish! |
I BOUGHT A PURSE
I have been so good too. I have decided that my favorite type of purse is a tote style for now anyway:)
I have avoided all my favorite brands like they were poison. I went in Marshall's yesterday in Destin and this one caught my eye as I casually walked by the purse display. The good thing about it is that it only cost $25.00 and it was a two for one deal. The little purse was inside the larger purse. I can justify a purse purchase very well. It has been since the summer at least since I have bought one, so that in itself is amazing.
POLITICS
Yikes! I am going there.
No, I haven't decided who I am going to vote for. Quite frankly, I wish I could take characteristics from several of them and merge them into one.
I think this is one of those pivotal points in history though, where the choice we make could make a difference in the outcome of our nation. With that being said, my greatest hope lies not in the political leaders of any given time, but in Christ Jesus.
Confession time: I went to see "The Donald" last week in Pensacola. I felt I might I could get a better idea of how I feel about him in person, not soundbites from the news. My son is a funny character. The outside world doesn't even have a clue how he keeps us in stitches. He is very well liked, but reserved outside of home, but for us he is a hoot. Several months ago, after one of Trump's outspoken thoughts on some topic, our son texted a group message to all of us..."He has secured my vote." The word secured is something else. He is not seen as the smart one of the siblings, but underneath, I know he very well read and intelligent.
![]() |
| Sorry, I am the most horrible picture taker ever. I tried to enlarge, but I was jerky. |
Anyway, it has remained a "kind of" joke that he is a Trump supporter. So much so that I bought him a "Make America Great Again" cap for Christmas.
The family went to see him. I am as unsure as I ever was. Some things I like, some things not so sure.
![]() |
| There were two free signs in every seat. |
Either way, I am still amazed that an avowed Socialist could even be in the news in our country. It has drawn me to prayer for sure.
CROSS STITCH UPDATE ON SAMPLER
I decided after Mary in AR left a comment about samplers using I and J interchangeably and a little research of my own to continue on with the sampler started the other day.
![]() |
| Will finish it after all. |
My new order came in as well, so I did the worst possible thing... I started one, so I now have two going at the same time. I actually think they will go rather quickly.
![]() |
| Two of my new designs. I started the one on the left. |
And I went overboard probably because I ordered three designs total.
I am really trying to use the winter nights to stitch and enjoy the downtime.
I am headed to Mom's this morning to take care of some more business. I have not forgotten that I mentioned a post on dealing with the elderly. It is in my head...just need to slow down to do it.
That's a wrap from my thoughts,
Sandy











0 Yorumlar