Getting little Easter things ready ahead of time~
I thought I would post early enough in case anyone wants to get a head start also:)
I've had some cute printables printed for cupcakes..(not only is Marie a fabulous cook..she's a fabulous artist~)
... and Easter treats..the Bunny Tails are here..
and they turn out nicely..you can find more here.. and here.. and here!The last 2 I had printed up also~
In fact printables are a plenty..graciously designed and offered..It's difficult to know when to stop:)
My printers are not printing..I need a new one and am confused as to which all in one printer that is wireless I should actually buy~
So Staples has been doing a great job for me:)
I also wanted to learn different royal icing techniques and found many many resources on the web..So far I am more inclined to just dip them in a light glaze of icing..let dry then paint..
I find the pipe and fill techniques..just add too much icing..
Cute..but too much..So I am going to use the cookies I tested as perhaps the centerpiece for our Easter Brunch table..
I added each of the little boys names on some of the smaller ones thinking they would be cute place settings..but then I got carried away and made a little church scene for them..so I think that's what I will do with them..the centerpiece..
I used the Ateco edible markers for the bunnies and Chick..again..I prefer freehand..I find mixing our own colors with food coloring gives a softer effect..and of course you can use a small small bush for fine details..as you can see..my painting skills are rudimentary so anyone can do these.
I can just imagine how real artists could embellish these as works of art~
I adore my little grandsons..as we all do ♥..They all know how to spell their names..and Olivier loves to say O~L~I:) So sometimes we call him that between ourselves(Jacques and I)..it's amazing how when our kids are small..all we talk about as a couple when we are together alone..are our children..I am here to tell you that as grandparents..well most of what we talk about that makes us smile out loud..are our grandchildren.~
I used Sol's sugar cookie recipe..thank you thank you thank you dear Sol.. ..
One tip ..or two I liked that I found for working with Royal Icing..was to keep a mister handy ..in case the icing hardens..but the best tip was the saran in a piping bag:)
Hope you have found some inspiration for Easter..I have to admit.. I enjoyed Easter preparations when my children were small..it's only when my grandchildren arrived that I got back into the cute little things..And I know how quickly time flies..and that I have already lost many moments..so I am trying to keep some memories safe for now:)
PS Pic Monkey has darling little things to add to photos right now:)~~~




0 Yorumlar