Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Our Last Full Day in the Country...for now

My art table is back to being a dining table and I added a fallish centerpiece!




Last night's porch sitting.....


Every time I open a fridge door - the cats scamper right over to peer in!
Tabitha is saying, "Say, Samantha! What looks good to you tonight?"

This morning Sherry and I were planning on treating our hives for mites but we changed our minds and thought we would get a little more advice first.
Chandy was admitted to the hospital in Odessa last night and they induced her labor.
I kept waking up all night checking my messages so I was glad we decided to wait on the bees and I went back to sleep.


Here's our newest great grandson!
Jax Dean!
We are so excited!
I have started his quilt and will be finishing it when we get back home.
5 lb 11 oz 10:22 on 08/03/2020
We are planning on driving to Big Spring to meet him in September!
And to celebrate Bella's third birthday.
And Pierycn's seventh birthday.

I meant to do so much today in getting ready to go home.
That didn't really happen.


I organized what serves as my closet - the camper bathtub!
We don't use the tub so I have a clothes tree in it and hanging shoe bags to hold stuff.
Cleaned the tiny bathroom and lit a candle.


It's een so hot that I haven't even lit candles lately!
The camper stays several degrees cooler now so I celebrated!


I put fresh sheets on the girl bunk.
And I watched a movie. I read some. I puttered. I gave Louis Dean a pedicure.
I cooked some pasta and froze it in two separate bags and froze it.
It was a fancy kind - made into nests but after it's cooked it looks just like other pasta does.
Louis Dean says he hates pasta!
But he eats whatever I fix and it will be nice to add Alfedo and some chicken to it.


Sherry came down after work today and brought a small watermelon.
We cut it up in four pieces and sat on the front porch to eat it.
Really good and fresh out of the garden!


As a matter of fact - Sherry picked the garden so we would have some fresh produce to take home.


We are enjoying the giant roof over the camper/cabin!
We have shade on the front porch several hours earlier now.


The roof is 14 feet high in front and drops a foot in the back.
Gutters and skirting is scheduled for later this month.


As I was standing out near the fence line of Louis Dean's 'garden', I spied one of Mr. Jackson's cows watching me.....kind of like the way I watch them!


Looking up toward the front gate.


A friend of mine posted this to my Facebook page......
She knows how much I look forward to September First and playing my Neil Diamond CDs.


I love this place and we are so thankful for Dean and Sherry's hospitality!

Goodnight from the country!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar