Half of January is over and I've been listening to as little news as possible as it just makes me sad. Instead I've been immersing myself in good books, some really good books these last (2) weeks. I've finished (5) books and 4 of the 5 were wonderful. I had (1) DNF as I'm just not going to continue reading anything that is not working for me any longer. Here's what I read so far:
BOOKS READ
- Sleepless Nights; Elizabeth Hardwick (4.5/5) Settings: KY, NY, Maine, CT and Europe
- Those People; Louise Candlish (3.5/5) Setting: South London, U.K.
- Fifty Words for Rain; Asha Lemmie (4/5) Setting: Japan
- Monogamy; Sue Miller (5/5) Setting: MA and VT
- My Grandmother's Braid (4.5/5) Setting: Germany (no review yet)
- The Push; Ashley Audrain (in progress)
DNF (Because Life is Too Short to Read a Bad Book)
- Night Boat to Tangier; Kevin Barry - January (read 4 chapters and gave up)
COMING WEEK'S PLANS
- Review - My Grandmother's Braid
- Finish Listening to: The Push; A. Audrain
- Read/Review (2) new children's books
- Start: The first Agatha Christie book in the Miss Marple series: Murder at the Vicarage
- Watch: the Inauguration on Wednesday
- Start an eBook from my Kindle
- Go for some walks if the weather and my knee cooperate
- Continue healthy eating
How did the first (2) weeks of the New Year go for you?



0 Yorumlar